thrift-user mailing list archives

From Mark Slee <ms...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: About function Overload in IDL
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:54:16 GMT
No, this is not supported, since not all target languages support function overloading. We
should be throwing an error in the compiler if the same method name is detected twice.

-----Original Message-----
From: thrift thrift [mailto:thriftuser@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 5:51 PM
To: thrift-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: About function Overload in IDL

Hi, all
      I made two functions in thrift IDL, which names are

string Execute(1:i32 clientID, 2:string cmd, 3:string param1, 4:string
param2, 5:string param3, 6:string param4) ,
string Execute(1:i32 clientID, 2 string cmd, et:ParamList paramList)

But I found that the generated codes are the same for this two funtions like
below

 void process_Execute(int32_t seqid, ::apache::thrift: rotocol::TProtocol*
iprot, ::apache::thrift: rotocol::TProtocol* oprot);

So, Does thrift IDL support function overload? If support, how to do it?
Thanks very much.