thrift-user mailing list archives

From ro...@bufferoverflow.ch
Subject Re: questions about javascript client
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 22:38:13 GMT
Hi Rafael

please reply next time to the mailing list and not just to my personal
mail... that's Open Source;-)

The fastcgi thing I mentioned is not available right now, but this
should be a relatively easy step. Something like a
transport/TFastcgiServer.cpp very similar to other transport
implementations.
It's just on my wishlist... I should create a JIRA Ticket for that.

Your second question:
The THttpServer.cpp fits into the Thrift framework just as other
transports and it can be used in combination with TSimpleServer,
TThreadedPoolServer and probably with others as well.

Currently I just use binary protocol with ThreadedPoolServer, but for
the future, I see many interesting options.

Regards

Roger

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your very helpful response! I was unaware that there was even a
C++ THttpServer. A couple of more questions about implementation details...

You mention that your favorite setup is a C++ Thrift server using fastcgi as
the transport. What exactly do you mean by this? Which C++
protocol/transport classes do you use?

Also, since you connect via the web server's fastcgi interface, do you still
need to use THttpServer? Since the communication is now happening on the
server side, it seems like you could use TSimpleServer or
TNonblockingServer. Is this what you use?

Thanks!
Rafael