thrift-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Molinaro <antho...@alumni.caltech.edu>
Subject Re: Moving from Ant to Maven
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 03:31:42 GMT
Hi,

  I have no real opinion about ant versus maven, the one thing that
I ask is that the autotools parts work in the same fashion, in that
make will build the library, make check will run tests,
make install DESTDIR=/some/diretory still installs jar and docs, and
make clean cleans all the code.   If you look at lib/java/Makefile.am
you'll see how all these just call out to ant right now.  You'll also
want to edit configure.ac to look for maven as is done with ant now.

In addition if you want a make maven-release target in lib/java/Makefile.am
which does the appropriate deploy command that would be fine as well.

Others may have dissenting opinions, but maven has worked fine for me
with other projects.  I just still like to have it be possible to make
and test everything via autotools.

-Anthony

Anthony Molinaro                           <anthonym@alumni.caltech.edu>