thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bjorn Borud <bbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving from Ant to Maven
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 00:05:45 GMT

hi,

given the problems with getting libthrift into the Maven Central
repositories I figured I'd see if I can lend a hand, so I started
reading up on what is needed to deploy artifacts into the Maven central
repositories.

it would seem that it would be easier to make this work if libthrift was
built using Maven (the signing, deployment etc).  Mostly because Ivy is
sort of the ugly step-child of Maven so fewer people seem to be able to
help out.  (Not that Maven is much of a looker, mind you :-).

so I started hacking a bit to convert the build to Maven to see what it
takes.

first I reorganized the sources to fit the Maven model (moving src into
src/main/java, and test into src/test/java etc). then I modified
build.xml so it will find the sources and tests and build.

right now I am looking at fixing the unit tests so that they will run
under Maven, but at this point I am unsure how much hassle it would be
to make them work both with Ant and Maven.

before I spend more time on this, would it be interesting to move from
Ant to Maven?

my primary motivation for doing this was to see what I could do to help
with getting Thrift into the Maven Central repositories.

-Bjørn