thrift-user mailing list archives

From Michael Walsh <mich...@michael.ie>
Subject Re: Thrift for Windows Phone 7
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:24:15 GMT
WP7 uses a modified Silverlight profile, not the .NET CF profile.

This means that just like silverlight apps, you do not have ANY socket
access at all so the TcpClient doesn't exist.

There are 2 methods for connectivity. One is a silverlight specific
way that talks to a predefined set of ports.

The other is to use HTTP only.

There have been adaptions of Thrift to be wrapped over HTTP, but I
can't remember if they were ported to C#.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone

On 22 Oct 2010, at 12:07, "Marius Greve Hagen" <marius.greve.hagen@gmail.com