thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bjørn Borud <bbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven repo for thrift?
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 19:17:52 GMT
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Mark Slee <mslee@facebook.com> wrote:

> Who actually knows how to publish to Maven here? Has someone done it
> before?

I've set it up on our own internal Maven-based projects.  we use Hudson to
build each artifact and then let Hudson deploy the artifacts to our internal
Maven repository upon successful build and test.  this way we have snapshots
of trunk continually published to the snapshot repository and whenever
changes are made to the release branches, Hudson automatically builds, tests
and publishes the release builds.

the problem is:  I've not done this with Ant + Ivy.  (In fact, we considered
using Ant + Ivy, but found it to be more painful than just going with Maven
since that is what most of the Java universe is centered around right now.
Maven is a piece of junk, but it is a piece of junk that a lot of people
use).

-Bjørn