thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bjørn Borud <bbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about server non-blocking I/O vs async handler support
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 00:09:24 GMT
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 8:07 PM, David Jeske <davidj@gmail.com> wrote:

> I may undertake this, but for C# not java (as that's where I need it). I
> asked about Java because I'm looking for the 'thrifty' way to do this
> pattern, since it should probably be fairly similar across language-stubs.
> Aside from that, I figure the C# stub patterns should be pretty similar to
> the Java stub patterns.

David,

on a slightly tangential note: do you know if there is something similar to
Netty in C# land?

(the reason I ask is because I can't help but think that perhaps Thrift
could benefit from using a more complete IO library to implement the low
level IO than to have its own implementation.  this would make things like
SSL (which required a patch) have worked with just a couple of lines of
extra code.  if something similar exists for other languages one might be
more inclined to consider it)

-Bjørn