thrift-user mailing list archives

From Phillip B Oldham <phillip.old...@gmail.com>
Subject Strategies for continuous deployment of services to avoid interruption?
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 09:33:46 GMT
We have a number of Python & Java thrift services which we are
manually deploying on a regular basis; usually early in the AM while
it's "quiet" since deployment causes service interruption.

We'd like to move to continuous deployment, so that when our commits
successfully pass all the tests on our Hudson/Jenkins CI server
something (Hudson/Jenkins, Puppet, custom scripts) will deploy the
services without human intervention. The problem is that, in this
scenario, the services may be deployed multiple times a day. Since
each deployment causes service interruption we've held back.

So, my question is: how would one avoid service interruption during
deployment? Is there a common tool/strategy for such tasks?

--
Phillip B Oldham
phillip.oldham@gmail.com