thrift-user mailing list archives

From Chris Morgan <chmor...@gmail.com>
Subject slow c# server under mono
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 01:42:36 GMT
Hello.

I was running some tests to evaluate using mono to run a c# thrift
server. I created a simple application that passes blobs to the server
and gets a result code back. I'm running on Kubuntu Mavrick (10.10)
here

>From testing I see:

cpp client -> c# server (mono 2.6) ~30 messages/sec
cpp client -> c# server (mono 2.11) ~30 messages/sec
cpp client -> cpp server ~30k messages/sec

The rates are the same whether or not the blob is 50 bytes or 5000 bytes.

For my particular use 30 messages a second is a huge bottleneck. Has
anyone else seen this kind of behavior? Anyone know how to fix it?

Chris