thrift-user mailing list archives

From Dvir Volk <dvir...@gmail.com>
Subject python preforking server
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:26:46 GMT
Hi all,

I've written a python preforking thrift server, based loosely on
TThreadPoolServer.
This server has both the advantage of avoiding GIL single CPU binding, and
of voiding the overhead of forking a new child for each client.

It's of course much faster than TThreadPoolServer, and in situations where
clients connect and disconnect all the time and don't issue a lot of
requests per connection, also also much faster than TForkingServer.

If anyone is interested, or if the core developers want this class
contributed back, I'd be happy to post it.

Thanks