thrift-user mailing list archives

From "kondo@vivinavi.com" <ko...@vivinavi.com>
Subject TException: Error: TSocket: Could not read 1024 bytes from localhost:9160
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2011 03:03:46 GMT
Hi Everyone

I am new to Cassandra and Thrift and Java.
I started to install JDK1.6 , Cassandra 0.7.3 and Thrift 0.5.0 for PHP.
My server system is as following.
Debian 5.0.8
PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny 9
OpenJDK1.6.0.24 (Unfortunately I couldn't find sunJDK1.6)
Cassandra 0.7.3
Thrift 0.5.0
Now Cassandra-Cli is working.
I set data Keyspace1 and get data on Cassandra-Cli.
Then I tried to run your sample program.
However I have a following error at function:thrift_protocol_read_binary.
TException: Error: TSocket: Could not read 1024 bytes from localhost:9160
I checked php_thrift_protocol.cpp.
Then I recognized this error happened at the following line in
PHP_FUNCTION(thrift_protocol_read_binary).
int32_t sz = transport.readI32();
Now I don't know how to solve this problem.
And please let me know where is this function transport.readI32 from?
Please advise me how to do or what am I wrong?

Thank you for your help in advance.
--

Mamoru Kondo