thrift-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Kona <abhishek.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues Starting a Thrift Server in Tomcat
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 07:11:29 GMT
  I am trying to create a sample thrift server using TThreadPoolServer
(thrift 0.6)
This is what the code looks like https://gist.github.com/870405

I am running into a very werid issue here.
When I run the application using a main function, everything seems to be
working fine and the ThriftServer is coming up.
But when I start the ThriftServer in a Servlet which loads at Tomcat
Startup (see InitServlet.java in the gist), the control is not being
returned and I cannot see any logging or system.out statements after the
statement

             server = new TThreadPoolServer(args);

I can telnet into the port at which the thrift service is being started,
but the control does not seem to be returning.

It would be great if someone could have a look and point out what is
happening , is it an issue or am I doing something wrong.
Also are there any links on creating a Thrift Java Server using
TTHreadPool Server.

-Abhishek Kona