thrift-user mailing list archives

From Nevo Hed <n...@bamboo-entertainment.com>
Subject Re: thrift configure script error on centos
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 19:43:58 GMT
Tim,

We recently installed on Centos5.5 and I found that I had to upgrade PHP
from 5.1 to 5.3.x
I am not sure what the actual requirement is, I ended up installing various
*php53u-** RPMS

A simple 'yum update php' did not do the trick :(
had to add repositories etc (let me know if u need more specifics)

*
*

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 7:40 AM, <roger@bufferoverflow.ch> wrote:

> php-config is ashell script usually located at /usr/bin/php-config
>
> -roger
>

> Quoting Tim Dunphy <bluethundr@gmail.com>:
>
>  hello list!! I am trying to build php-thrift on a centos box but have
>> so far been unsuccessful. I was hoping I could get an opinion on the
>> following situation from readers of the list...
>>

>> ## machine info
>>
>> [root@virtcent10:~] #cat /etc/redhat-release
>> CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
>> [root@virtcent10:~] #uname -a
>> Linux virtcent10 2.6.18-238.1.1.1.el5xen #1 SMP Mon Jan 24 11:02:21
>> NOVT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>

>> ## configure command
>> ./configure --with-php-config=/etc/php.ini
>>

>> ## thrift configure error
>> configure: error: Cannot find php-config. Please use
>> --with-php-config=PATH
>> configure: error: ./configure failed for lib/php/src/ext/thrift_protocol
>>

>> ## this is what precedes the error
>> checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
>> checking whether build environment is sane... yes
>> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
>> checking for gawk... gawk
>> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
>> checking for gcc... gcc
>> checking whether the C compiler works... yes
>> checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
>> checking for suffix of executables...
>> checking whether we are cross compiling... no
>> checking for suffix of object files... o
>> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
>> checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
>> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
>> checking for style of include used by make... GNU
>> checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
>> checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
>> checking for g++... g++
>> checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
>> checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
>> checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
>> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>> checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
>> checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
>> checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
>> checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
>> checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
>> checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
>> checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
>> checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
>> checking whether ln -s works... yes
>> checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 98304
>> checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
>> checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
>> checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
>> checking for objdump... objdump
>> checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
>> checking for ar... ar
>> checking for strip... strip
>> checking for ranlib... ranlib
> [...]

Nevo Hed