thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Powers, Sean" <spowe...@harris.com>
Subject RE: C# DLL Problem
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:46:40 GMT
Hello,

Just wanted to post an update since this has been resolved. I posted the question on stackoverflow.com
and the response was:

"Since you mentioned using VS 2010... I have seen this error/behavior sometimes when I am
compiling a .NET 4.0 project and my target framework for the project is set to ".NET Framework
4.0 Client Profile" instead of ".NET Framework 4.0". So you might want to check that and see
if it helps."

This fixed the problem. I'm assuming it's because of the dependency on System.Web.

Thanks,

Sean
-----Original Message-----
From: Powers, Sean
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:37 AM
To: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: C# DLL Problem

Hello,

I started using Thrift about a week ago. I got the latest source from SVN and built the C#
library (Thrift.dll). I used the library to prototype a TCP client/server with  the data types
that my team will be using. This worked with no problem, I just followed the example code
in the SVN repo.

Yesterday, I wanted to run the same test but over HTTP instead. I searched around online some
and found out that from the time I got the code last week until yesterday patch "THRIFT-322"

Was applied to the trunk. So I updated my thrift source from SVN and saw the new THttpHandler
class. I rebuilt the Thrift.dll so I can use the THttpHandler class but now whenever I reference
the new dll Visual Studio 2010 gives me an error at compile time: "The type or namespace "Thrift"
could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)". When I
replace the reference with the old Thrift.dll that I have I do not get this error.

Has anyone else seen this? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, I just recompiled the
Thrift.dll from the SVN source and I can no longer link to the Thrift.dll. When I first add
the reference it seems like it's going to work fine. Visual Studio gives me the correct intellisense,
etc. Once I try to build it's like there is no longer a reference to the Thrift.dll. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Sean