thrift-user mailing list archives

From Phillip B Oldham <phillip.old...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Apache Thrift push notifications to clients?
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:46:46 GMT
No, you would have to poll for updates, however thrift is designed for
small, quick calls so should be fine. Might be worth looking at the
event-based thrift servers to keep your server-side load down if you
have a very large number of client connections.

On 12 April 2011 13:42, Powers, Sean <spower05@harris.com> wrote:
> I'm looking to use Apache Thrift to have one client send data to the server and then
have the server push that data to any clients. Is this possible, or would the client need
to periodically check for new data? I'm looking for something similar to WCF's callbacks.

--
Phillip B Oldham
phillip.oldham@gmail.com