thrift-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Fitzgerald <sfitzger...@bamboom.com>
Subject Re: thrift c_glib
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:54:15 GMT
We are aware that in general C++ can fit on embedded systems, but we are
restricted to a very specific compiler-set (some known some not yet known)
and don't want to be surprised by non-working features.

The c_glib stuff does seem heavy, but we thought we would be able to bypass
most of it if we restrict ourselves to support of one fixed transport and
protocol (realizing we may need to do some stubbing of c_glib elements).

We already use thrift in other (non embedded) aspects of our system, but for
the low-resourced,  embedded devices we were primarily looking  for
serialization/de-serialization, with the possible added bonus of service
implementation.