thrift-user mailing list archives

From <Prabakaran.Natara...@cognizant.com>
Subject Load Testing Thrift
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:12:38 GMT
Hi

I load tested thrift using JMeter.  I had both server and client on the
same physical machine.  I run on Windows 2003 Server Edition OS.

Both client and server of thrift are in Java.

When I give more than 100 threads (with rampup period is zero) I am
getting below exception for few threads. For threads less than 100 I am
not getting issue

org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException:
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.write(TIOStreamTransport.
java:147)

        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TFramedTransport.flush(TFramedTransport.java
:156)

        at
org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.sendBase(TServiceClient.java:65)

        at
com.cts.gen.ConnectionService$Client.send_modifyConnection(ConnectionSer
vice.java:67)

        at
com.cts.gen.ConnectionService$Client.modifyConnection(ConnectionService.
java:59)

        at com.cts.ThriftLoadClient.runClient(ThriftLoadClient.java:71)

        at com.cts.perfo.JmeterClient.runTest(JmeterClient.java:30)

        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.java.sampler.JavaSampler.sample(JavaSampler.j
ava:161)

        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java
:381)

        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:274)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket
write error

        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)

        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)

        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.write(TIOStreamTransport.
java:145)

Thanks and Regards

Prabakaran.N

Architect - Technology, GTO - SOA CoE

Cognizant Technology Solutions, BTP, Bangalore

Mobile:+91-9739386923; Vnet: 58157; Direct: +91-80-30748157

all copies of the original message.
this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.