thrift-user mailing list archives

From =?gb2312?B?wfXqu5VG?= <haomin.li...@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject Why do thrift rpc stack supports only one service per one port?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:38:00 GMT
Hi all,

We already have a home-brew Java RPC framework. Recently we need solution for Java <-->
C++ call, so I took a few days look in thrift.
With full RPC-call stack support, thrift looked great!Thanks to the thrift team!

But I have one question, as title described, *WHY thrift be designed as one service per one
port?*
Could anybody from the thrift dev team share your design level thoughts on this question?
Further, if I wanna extend this to support multiple service per one port, do you have any
suggestion? I eager for a graceful one~

Millions of thanks ahead,
- Haomin Liu
Alibaba Inc.

This email (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you
received this email in error, please delete it immediately and do not copy it or use it for
any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.

本电邮(包括任何附件)可能含有机密资料并受法律保护。如您不是正确的收件人,请您立即删除本邮件。请不要将本电邮进行复制并用作任何其他用途、或透露本邮件之内容。谢谢。