thrift-user mailing list archives

From HIRANO Satoshi <hiran...@aist.go.jp>
Subject Re: Integrating thrift with Python web framework (Django)
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 01:03:55 GMT

On 2011/11/15, at 14:24, Li Lirong wrote:
> We are developing web application with Django (djangoproject.org).  Is
> there any tutorials on exposing thrift web services within the Django
> framework?

Hi,

Look at the following page. It explains how you run thrift on a WSGI framework. I'm not sure
you can do the same thing for Django, but Django is a WSGI framework.

 http://symfoware.blog68.fc2.com/blog-entry-320.html

It's written in Japanese. Look at sample code.

1) Copy IOStreamTransport.py into thrift/transport.
2) Compile sample.thrift
3) Run main.py on python.
4) Write a client. A sample is provided near the bottom of the page.

I think the IOStreamTransport.py should be included in the distribution package.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@  Life is beautiful and full of surprises.

HIRANO Satoshi, Ph.D.         <hirano-s@aist.go.jp>
AIST: National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology  JAPAN