thrift-user mailing list archives

From Peace <p...@yahoo.com>
Subject Pipe transport for Windows
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 23:24:18 GMT
Hello group,

I am implementing Named and Anonymous Pipes transport for Thrift on the Windows platform.
The motivation for this is to provide a lightweight local IPC transport for applications that
run entirely on one system. Unix already has domain sockets support in the TSocket transport
but that does not work on Windows.  I would have preferred a cross-platform solution but
Windows pipes are much too different from the Unix implementations. What are your thoughts
on submitting this for possible inclusion?  Would a Windows-only transport bother people?
Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Regards,
Peace