thrift-user mailing list archives

From Rush Manbert <r...@manbert.com>
Subject Re: How to have a server manage sub-processes?
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2012 18:05:57 GMT
Hi Dan,

Unless I have missed something since we froze the Thrift version we use, this really has nothing
to do with Thrift. Thrift uses posix to implement its internal scheduler, but you are not
limited by that at all. (You certainly don't need to use the Thrift scheduler.) We use boost
threads in our code.

- Rush

On Jan 27, 2012, at 1:11 PM, Christian, Daniel wrote:

> My server process needs to spawn some sub processes and interact with them occasionally
over stdin/stdout (and notice if they die).