thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: does thrift support async client for ruby?
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:31:19 GMT
In rereading your original post, I think that I misread it initially. I
think you're asking for server->client notifications, which we also don't
support. If you don't want the client to wait, the simplest thing you can
do is to have two methods - one to make a request that returns nothing, and
another that gets the result if there is one. Then the client can poll on
whatever appropriate interval.

If you REALLY need notification based updates instead of polling, then the
best thing to do would be to actually have your clients run a Thrift server
as well and make the server know how to contact them with completion
messages. This is complicated, and you're unfortunately on your own.