thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: how can thrift server know that client has timed out?
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 23:06:32 GMT
The server doesn't really know what's going on from the client perspective,
and even if we could detect a failed client, not all application-level
thrift server implementations could actually be interrupted sanely. If you
really want to achieve this kind of behavior you're going to end up writing
a lot of crazy synchronization code, I think.