thrift-user mailing list archives

From Shaun Cummins <cummi...@gps-solutions.com>
Subject Bi-directional communication with HTTP+JSON?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 00:21:17 GMT
I am using Joel Meyer's excellent example for creating a bi-directional
Thrift application (his source is at
https://github.com/JoelPM/BidiThriftand written in Java).

I have successfully gotten his example to work using C++ for both the
server and client application with TCP using the JSON protocol. However,
when I try to use HTTP as the transport I can only send requests from the
client to the server, but not from the server to the client. The server
seems to try to send requests to the client, but the client doesn't process
them.

Does anyone know if what I'm trying to do is possible?

Thanks,
Shaun Cummins