thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Christian, Daniel" <Daniel.Christ...@Honeywell.com>
Subject Streaming data to the client?
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:51:12 GMT
I'm new to thrift and trying to figure out a system architecture.

I need to have a client do RPCs to a central server, and then have the server stream data
to the client as needed.  Basically the client is a GUI with user interactions, plus real
time data updates.

How would I structure that in thrift?  I think that OneWay only applies from client to server
(correct?).

The only think I can think of is to have the client also be a server and then the server would
send OneWay messages to it (making it also be a client).  That sounds really messy...

Thanks,
-Dan