thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Christian, Daniel" <Daniel.Christ...@Honeywell.com>
Subject RE: How to have a server manage sub-processes?
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 19:25:41 GMT
To be clear, I need sub-processes that are independent of thrift.

My solution was to use the threaded server and just monitor each sub-processes in a separate
thread.  Each thread is then free to block on sub-process IO.

-Dan

From: dvirsky@gmail.com [mailto:dvirsky@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Dvir Volk
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 6:30 AM
To: user@thrift.apache.org; Christian, Daniel
Subject: Re: How to have a server manage sub-processes?

Hi Dan, I don't know if it's still relevant after all this time, but thrift for python has
2 options to handle your needs (sort of).
There are 2 server classes you can use - TForkingServer that can fork a sub process for each
new request, or TProcessPoolServer that spawns a pool of "worker" processes that accept requests
from the same port (but can't directly share state).

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Christian, Daniel <Daniel.Christian@honeywell.com<mailto:Daniel.Christian@honeywell.com>>