thrift-user mailing list archives

From Peace <p...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Thrift C++ on windows reports WSAPoll error
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 14:41:48 GMT
Thrift explicitly defines WSAPoll() since XP does not support that call. It
was introduced in Vista. There was a bug in the Thrift Windows code that
caused it to never follow the XP path to define WSAPoll(). The patch in
THRIFT-1512 fixes this and should be available in the current Thrift 0.9
development code on the SVN trunk.

  ------------------------------
*From:* Lingfeng Zhuang
*To:* user@thrift.apache.org
*Sent:* Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:25 AM
*Subject:* Thrift C++ on windows reports WSAPoll error

 Hi all,
I create an empty C++ project with VS2010. Config boost and thrift
include/lib folders. Add cpp tutorials files into
project(CppServer.cpp, Calculator.cpp, shared_types.cpp, SharedService.cpp
and tutorial_types.cpp)

But when running it, it reports error "The procedure entry point WSAPoll
could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll"

I tested it against both of boost 1.47 and 1.49. None of them works. My
test environment is 32bit windows xp.

VS project file is attached.

Regards,

zlf