thrift-user mailing list archives

From Mark Slee <ms...@fb.com>
Subject Re: Support array
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 19:58:28 GMT
It is also worth just quickly noting that native arrays in C++ present a
few nontrivial hurdles:

- Their length needs to be separately maintained
- If they are on the stack, all the object storage is on the stack (as
opposed to STL)
- If they are dynamic, you now need to manage new/delete calls across
Thrift call-boundaries

Native arrays in Java are more achievable, but the lack of parity with the
other container types and Java idioms does not feel worth it.

Cheers,
mcslee