thrift-user mailing list archives

From James Paton <jpat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two Way Asynchronous function in thrift
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:33:49 GMT
I've done something like this in the past. In my application, the client had a number of worker
threads. To make an asynchronous call, it would place a request in a queue. The threads dequeue
requests and make a synchronous Thrift call. Each request has a callback that gets called
when the Thrift call returns. The individual worker threads get blocked on the Thrift call,
but the calling threads of execution do not.

-- Jim