thrift-user mailing list archives

From Craig Artley <cart...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Not seeing TApplicationException in 0.8.0
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 18:45:58 GMT

I essentially asked the same question in May.

In my case, I observed with thrift 0.7 and 0.8 that the Java and C++ servers were different.
The C++ server would toss it back as TApplicationException, while the Java server does not.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/thrift-user/201205.mbox/browser

No helpful replies.  Since you say it works correctly in 0.6, apparently there was a regression
moving to 0.7.

I'm not a thrift developer, so I never pursued fixing it.  Instead, I jumped through a lot
of hoops in my server code to catch it and rethrow it myself.

I hope it gets fixed.

  -craig