thrift-user mailing list archives

From Karthik Abinav <karthikabin...@gmail.com>
Subject Two Way Asynchronous function in thrift
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:15:45 GMT
Hi,

 I would like to know how to use a two direction asynchronous function
using thrift server. This is my current requirement. I have multiple
clients sending requests to the thrift server. This in turn sends the
request to a graph database. Problem is graph database cannot handle
multiple connections at the same time. Hence, I dont want the client to
wait till the thrift returns a response. Ideally, I would want to implement
something like, a client posts a request to the thrift server and continues
with its processing without being stalled. Once the thrift returns the
response back, I want the client to be notified and process the response.
Please give me guidelines on how to implement such a thing in thrift
service.

Thanks,
Karthik Abinav