thrift-user mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Not seeing TApplicationException in 0.8.0
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 18:38:20 GMT
I am an Accumulo developer.  We have been using thrift for many years,
with few issues.  We recently switched Accumulo trunk from thrift
0.6.1 to 0.8.0.   Sever and client are java.  Since switching to 0.8.0
I am no longer seeing TApplicationExceptions on the client side when
an exception occurs on the server [1].

Looking into this, the Processor code generated by 0.6 catches
Throwable and returns TApplicationException to the client.  The code
generated by 0.8 does not seem to do this.  I am wondernig if this was
an intentional change or we are doing something wrong?

Keith

[1] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-701