thrift-user mailing list archives

From David Nadlinger <c...@klickverbot.at>
Subject Re: Does TThreadPoolServer multiplex connections?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:01:33 GMT
Hi Buddhika,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 9:00 AM, buddhika chamith
<chamibuddhika@gmail.com> wrote:
> So what I need
> to know is that whether TThreadPoolServer multiplex connections among
> different threads and whether it is the correct behavior if it is so. I
> thought this was only true for TNonblockingServer.Any response is highly
> appreciated.

I'm not a C++ library dev, but I'm reasonably certain that once a task
(here: connection) has been grabbed by a worker thread in the thread
pool, it will run to completion there. If you want to check this, you
could just log the output of pthread_self() together with some
connection ID at, no?

David