thrift-user mailing list archives

From buddhika chamith <chamibuddh...@gmail.com>
Subject Does TThreadPoolServer multiplex connections?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 07:00:42 GMT
Hi All,

I am working on a project which uses a TThreadPoolServer with TServerSocket
transport to expose it's Thrift service. The service has been written in a
way such that it assumes once a client connection is made it will be served
by the same thread in the thread pool. (e.g: It's using thread locals
heavily to maintain session information associated with a client
connection). But I am seeing some weird issues when multiple connections
are made concurrently which makes me think this is not so. So what I need
to know is that whether TThreadPoolServer multiplex connections among
different threads and whether it is the correct behavior if it is so. I
thought this was only true for TNonblockingServer.Any response is highly
appreciated.

Regards
Buddhika