thrift-user mailing list archives

From Sriram Venkatapathy <mailtosrir...@gmail.com>
Subject Thrift hangs!
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:14:40 GMT
Hello,

Ours is a web system consisting of Django framework, and a graph database
which is Java based. In order to let the core logic which is in Python to
talk to our Java based graph database, I use thrift.

The problem I am facing now is, thrift client hangs i.e when I make a
request from python client side, it appears that the generated python code
has sent the message to the server. After adding log statements in the
generated py code, the execution stops at "self._iprot.readMessageBegin()"
while receiving the response. I checked the server side logs, and the Java
server side module did not receive any request.

Note that the same flow works when I invoke my python core logic code
directly from my test framework [this does not use Django]. The execution
goes through fine all the way from my python core code to thrift to Java
and all the way back.

Also, the same flow works some times and it definitely used to work all the
time. Clean up of graph database and restart of java server did not help.

Could you pl help me out? It's sort of frustrating as we are about to
deploy our software stack in a few days time.

Thanks!

--
br, Sriram