thrift-user mailing list archives

From Prasanna Ponnada <ponn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift hangs!
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:31:47 GMT
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Sriram Venkatapathy
<mailtosriramv@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ours is a web system consisting of Django framework, and a graph database
> which is Java based. In order to let the core logic which is in Python to
> talk to our Java based graph database, I use thrift.
>
> The problem I am facing now is, thrift client hangs i.e when I make a
> request from python client side, it appears that the generated python code
> has sent the message to the server.
>From this statement, it appears that the message was dispatched at the
client side and was sent to the server.

After adding log statements in the
> generated py code, the execution stops at "self._iprot.readMessageBegin()"
> while receiving the response. I checked the server side logs, and the Java
> server side module did not receive any request.

>From this statement, it appears that the message was not sent to the
server. Can you:

1. do a tcpdump on the server side to see what is going on?
2. How about connecting remotely to the server side on Java, and
breaking on the function that expects the message?

thanks
Prasanna