thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jake Farrell <jfarr...@apache.org>
Subject [Report] Apache Thrift
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 18:38:36 GMT
September 2012

Thrift is a framework for providing cross-platform RPC and serialization.

Community
The Thrift community continues to see consistent growth with submissions
from
new contributors for bug fixes and new feature requests.

Releases
Our 0.9 release was delayed to some major issues found during testing last
month which would affected other Apache projects leveraging Thrift. We
have worked through these issues as well as added functionality and
upgraded
our client libraries during this time. The 0.9 release candidate will be
available
this month and we will be working with infra to test on the new ARM cluster.

Website
Svnpubsub switch is now complete for Thrift and worked through an issue with
pypi easy_install client for python having trouble with dist.a.o due to
url length.
Tutorials and content on the website has seen an increase in community
additions since switching to markdown and we are continuing to migrate
Thrift
documentation and tutorials to the main site.

-Jake