thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bud Bundy <bud...@gmail.com>
Subject thrift/concurrency/Mutex.h bug
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 23:19:21 GMT
Hi,

I'm using version 0.9.0.  The following code in thrift/concurrency/Mutex.h
is causing me great headaches:

// A little hack to prevent someone from trying to do "Guard(m);"
// Such a use is invalid because the temporary Guard object is
// destroyed at the end of the line, releasing the lock.
// Sorry for polluting the global namespace, but I think it's worth it.
#define Guard(m) incorrect_use_of_Guard(m)
#define RWGuard(m) incorrect_use_of_RWGuard(m)

The global macro is interfering with another library I'm using that also
defines a Guard class within their own namespace.  So, no, I don't think
it's worth it.  I think it's a bug.  I can patch the file by removing those
two lines, but any way this can be fixed in the trunk?

Thanks.