thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jens Geyer <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject AW: generation code (method definition)
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 12:28:54 GMT
Isn't that an merely orthogonal aspect, IMHO?

________________________________
Von: Onorato Vaticone
Gesendet: 30.11.2012 11:25
An: user@thrift.apache.org
Betreff: generation code (method definition)

Hi there,
I´m just wandering if it´s possible to generate the definition of a method
as well.
Let me explain. It could happen that (from Thrift web page) :

      struct UserProfile {
        1: i32 uid,
        2: string name,
        3: string blurb
      }
      service UserStorage {
        void store(1: UserProfile user),
        UserProfile retrieve(1: i32 uid)
      }

I have in my Thrift definition file a lot of service in which they have to
call a method (let´s say that the retrieve method have to call the
validator(this) method)  .....
I should add in my code the validator() method (third party method of a
class) in all my "service" ..... is there a way to automatize this ? is
there the possibility to generate the definition as well ?

thanks a lot :-)