thrift-user mailing list archives

From "kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com" <kulkarni.swar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift backward compatibility
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 19:41:51 GMT
> I have tried this locally without any issues

Guess I spoke too soon. I found that "unions" are not really backward
compatible. I had a union type defined in my thrift definition and I
serialized it with thrift 0.9. However, when I tried to use thrift 0.8 to
deserialize it, I got the following exception:

org.apache.thrift.EncodingUtils.setBit(BIZ)B

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

--
Swarnim