thrift-user mailing list archives

From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Usage of TAsyncClient
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 04:06:27 GMT
I'm assuming you are using java.

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 31, 2013, at 10:43 PM, Sid <itissid@gmail.com> wrote:

> So two things have become clear to me while using these. Can some one tell
> me if I am wrong on these?
> 1) I will need to create a new TAsyncClient instance per request? This is
> idiomatic to making 1 request per socket connection.

Correct.

> 2) It looks like I will need new TAsyncClientManager and the
> TProtocolFactory as well? Or can I use the old objects?

You only need one of each.

Here's a mostly generic asynchronous pool implementation so you don't have to manage everything
yourself.  Should give you a good starting point.

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-blur.git;a=blob;f=src/blur-thrift/src/main/java/org/apache/blur/thrift/AsyncClientPool.java;h=3d58af0082e710a8348b8e2c388984343e8838d4;hb=0.2-dev