thrift-user mailing list archives

From Ben Craig <ben.cr...@ni.com>
Subject Re: Server to client push RPC
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 19:15:22 GMT
Open up a second connection to the server, and have the return of that
function be the server->client events.  As soon as the client gets the
events from the server, it can start up the call again.

From:   Yann Nicolas <yannart@gmail.com>
To:     user@thrift.apache.org,
Date:   03/20/2013 11:27 AM
Subject:        Re: Server to client push RPC

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am considering using also the client as a
server but if possible I want to avoid that because of firewall
limitations
and because clients do not have always a host recheable from server.
The is no way to have the server using same socket to respond to RPC and
also invoke to client instead of opening another socket in server to
client
direction?

Thanks,

Yann Nicolad