thrift-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Chambers <mchamb...@wetafx.co.nz>
Subject Re: Running a Thrift server inside Tomcat.
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 03:49:09 GMT
Oh yeah, there is another trick you can do if you want to serve out
Thrift JSON from Tomcat, or any other container.I expose the
Binary/Framed thrift connection for C++ clients, but for javascript
clients you can wrap your thrift server side implementation in a servet.

https://github.com/sqlboy/plow/blob/master/server/src/main/java/com/breakersoft/plow/thrift/ThriftServlet.java

Then you get free Json over HTTP with about 10 lines of extra code. That
example uses spring (sorry) but there is a wiki page with an example of
exactly your stack here.

http://wiki.apache.org/thrift/Thrift%20%26%20Eclipse%20%26%20JUnit%20with%20TServlet