thrift-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Endler <matthias-end...@gmx.net>
Subject Issues compiling Haskell tutorial with GHC 7.6.3
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:47:48 GMT
Hi all,

I tried compiling the file HaskellServer.hs from thrift-0.9.0/tutorial/hs with ghc 7.6.3 to
no avail.

On the commandline I called
> thrift --gen hs tutorial.thrift
> thrift --gen hs shared.thrift
which worked.

After that, I tried to compile with
> ghc HaskellServer.hs
but I get the following error output:

[1 of 7] Compiling Shared_Types     ( Shared_Types.hs, Shared_Types.o ) [flags changed]
[2 of 7] Compiling SharedService_Iface ( SharedService_Iface.hs, SharedService_Iface.o ) [flags
changed]
[3 of 7] Compiling SharedService    ( SharedService.hs, SharedService.o ) [flags changed]
[4 of 7] Compiling Tutorial_Types   ( Tutorial_Types.hs, Tutorial_Types.o ) [flags changed]
[5 of 7] Compiling Calculator_Iface ( Calculator_Iface.hs, Calculator_Iface.o ) [flags changed]
[6 of 7] Compiling Calculator       ( Calculator.hs, Calculator.o ) [flags changed]
[7 of 7] Compiling Main             ( HaskellServer.hs, HaskellServer.o )

HaskellServer.hs:48:33:
    Couldn't match type `GHC.Int.Int32' with `Int'
    Expected type: Maybe Int
      Actual type: Maybe GHC.Int.Int32
    In the first argument of `fromJust', namely `k'
    In the second argument of `(!)', namely `(fromJust k)'
    In the second argument of `($)', namely `(myLog ! (fromJust k))'

HaskellServer.hs:73:60:
    Couldn't match type `Int' with `GHC.Int.Int32'
    Expected type: Maybe GHC.Int.Int32
      Actual type: Maybe Int
    In the `f_InvalidOperation_what' field of a record
    In the second argument of `($)', namely
      `InvalidOperation
         {f_InvalidOperation_what = Just $ fromEnum $ op work,
          f_InvalidOperation_why = Just "Cannot divide by 0"}'
    In the expression:
      throw
      $ InvalidOperation
          {f_InvalidOperation_what = Just $ fromEnum $ op work,
           f_InvalidOperation_why = Just "Cannot divide by 0"}

HaskellServer.hs:74:64:
    Couldn't match expected type `Data.Text.Lazy.Internal.Text'
                with actual type `[Char]'
    In the first argument of `Just', namely `"Cannot divide by 0"'
    In the `f_InvalidOperation_why' field of a record
    In the second argument of `($)', namely
      `InvalidOperation
         {f_InvalidOperation_what = Just $ fromEnum $ op work,
          f_InvalidOperation_why = Just "Cannot divide by 0"}'

HaskellServer.hs:79:53:
    Couldn't match type `[Char]' with `Data.Text.Lazy.Internal.Text'
    Expected type: Data.Text.Lazy.Internal.Text
      Actual type: String
    In the return type of a call of `show'
    In the first argument of `Just', namely `(show val)'
    In the second argument of `SharedStruct', namely
      `(Just (show val))'

HaskellServer.hs:80:52:
    Couldn't match expected type `Int' with actual type `GHC.Int.Int32'
    In the first argument of `M.insert', namely `logid'
    In the second argument of `(.)', namely `(M.insert logid logEntry)'
    In the second argument of `($)', namely
      `return . (M.insert logid logEntry)'

Obviously, something's wrong with the types but I can't say if it's a problem with my specific
GHC version or with thrift itself.

I also tried the following command without any success:
> ghc -fglasgow-exts HaskellServer.hs

I've read a few issues that might be related to this problem (like [1]) but I can't figure
it out myself.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Regards,
mre

---

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-1921