thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jens Geyer <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject AW: Proxy Thrift call
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 20:25:05 GMT
Hi,

well that sounds interesting.

We recently came up here with a similar situation while discussing ideas. Bottom line was,
that it would probably best to serialize the outer calls into some neutral "package" which
is then transported through another service. This way the inner does act a pure gateway without
the need to re-serialize each call - in fact, the gateway service needs not even to know what's
in the package.

I was thinking about how this could be made somewhat more automated using Thrift. That would
be great.

Jens
________________________________
Von: Glenn Pierce
Gesendet: 05.06.2013 13:32
An: dev@thrift.apache.org; user@thrift.apache.org
Betreff: Proxy Thrift call

Hi can anyone think of a way to proxy a a thrift call.

Essentially what I want is for client calls on a "master" server to
forward the request on to other designated servers.

I was thinking of overriding

Transport and Server to forward certain calls on.

I guess I would have to override protocol as well to get the name of
the method (to see if it requires forwarding)

Can anyone see problems with this approach ? Are there better ways ?

Thanks