thrift-user mailing list archives

From Dave Bernardo <david.v.berna...@gmail.com>
Subject Trouble compiling delivered code with boost 1.53 and the intel compiler
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 13:32:42 GMT
I'm trying to build an application that integrates Thrift into our current
development environment.  I have run into a very specific problem when I
compile with the boost 1.53 libraries (1.44 works fine) and the icpc
compiler (gcc works fine).  Anything that references the Transport classes
throws this compile error:

error: cannot convert pointer to base class
"apache::thrift::transport::TTransport" to pointer to derived class
"apache::thrift::transport::TFileReaderTransport" -- base class is virtual
      (void) dynamic_cast< T* >( static_cast< U* >( 0 ) );
                                 ^
          detected during instantiation of "boost::shared_ptr<T>
boost::dynamic_pointer_cast<T,U>(const boost::shared_ptr<U> &) [with
T=apache::thrift::transport::TFileReaderTransport,
U=apache::thrift::transport::TTransport]" at line 315 of
"/usr/local/include/thrift/transport/TTransportUtils.h"

has anyone experienced this problem?  I'm sure there's a flag I can pass to
the intel compiler to have this ignored, but I can't seem to figure out
what it is.  Thanks.

Dave