thrift-user mailing list archives

From David Hinkle <hin...@cipafilter.com>
Subject C++ Callback Objects
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 16:31:11 GMT
I'm interested in using thrift from different threads asynchronously.
Right now I've put together an architecture that involves using the
standard cpp compiler.  In this setup, all the threads that want data issue
send_'s.   Then they all issue recv_'s in the same order.   This allows me
to keep the latency down to a manageable level for my application.

I noticed the cob_style flag to the cpp compiler.   I did a compile and
reviewed the code and it seems to support some sort
of asynchronous callback driven model which is very interesting for my
application.

I'm curious if these calls are thread safe, if they can be mixed with send_
and recv_ calls.   Does anybody have any docs, or example code?   Also,
everything I've learned about thrift has come from reading the code.  Are
their any API docs in general?

Thankyou,

- David

--