thrift-user mailing list archives

From Mike Stanley <m...@mikestanley.org>
Subject Re: Proxy Thrift call
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 20:49:39 GMT
I'm not entirely clear how much "intelligent routing" you want to do and
how much call context you want to incorporate into your routing.   For
basic routing/load balancing, you should be able to use any TCP proxy.   We
route all our TCP thrift calls through Amazon's Load Balancer.  we just
needed to bump the client connection timeout slightly to compensate (by
default, the client library we were using had a very short connection
timeout).

anything beyond this, I'd imagine you are venturing into application
specific layers.

i'm just guessing though as I haven't done anything but proxy.   and given
service per-port we are able to get as flexible as we need to in our
deployment architecture.

i'd be curious to know more about what you are thinking of doing.