thrift-user mailing list archives

From Henrique Mendonça <henri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proxy Thrift call
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 11:02:02 GMT
Hi Glenn,
Are your clients all implementations of the same service?
Just a quick thought, but I think you can write a ProxyTransport for your
server, which will take one or more clients as parameter. This client will
have to be also a ProxyClient, that again won't need a protocol to
function.
Then it will simply forward the messages to that given client, which will
be already connected to a single server. The problem will be that it'll
have to actively wait for the proxy client's response so you'll end up with
loads of open threads on your proxy server.
I hope it helps a bit ;)

Best,
Henrique