thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jens Geyer <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject AW: The state of Go support in thrift
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 07:05:06 GMT
Sorry for typos. ises => uses, stock => stick.
________________________________
Von: Jens Geyer
Gesendet: 12.07.2013 09:03
An: user@thrift.apache.org
Betreff: AW: The state of Go support in thrift

Sounds good. The libraries are intended to implement such things in the way that is the most
idiomatic and efficient for the language in question. The general scheme of things in Thrift
shall be met, but if a more idiomatic TGoRoutineServer differs too much from the traditional
threaded server hence the name would be misleading, IMHO this is the way to go (pun intended).
If, however, a goroutine is more or less equivalent to a threaded server, except for the fact
that it ises goroutines instead of threads, we should stock with the Thrift name to make it
easier to port things across languages.